Infrared heat at body temperature: the Healthletica difference
At Healthletica Hot Yoga + Wellness, our heat isn’t extreme. We don’t let room temperatures exceed normal body temperatures.
We keep the studio at a steady 35-37º Celsius, the optimal temperature for reaping all the benefits of hot yoga. We also use safe, effective infrared heat—the same heat source that hospitals use to keep premature babies warm in their incubators, and the same radiant heat we get from the sun.
Infrared heat is the heat that our bodies find easiest to absorb and process.
Because it is a pure, dry heat, warming you but not the air surrounding you, it is easier to tolerate than traditional heating systems. (Traditional heat sources add humidity to the air, which makes exertion hard to endure and which supports the growth of mold, mildew and the fungus that causes athlete’s foot, which often occurs in hot yoga studios that haven’t been professionally designed and purpose-built.)
There are many health benefits to a regular hot yoga practice, here are just a few …
- Infrared heat waves penetrate deeply to warm and relax your muscles and internal organs, permitting deep, therapeutic stretching and enhancing your flexibility.
- It raises your heart rate gradually, making it a good cardiovascular workout.
- It improves your circulation and increases oxygen levels in your blood.
- It causes your cells to excrete more toxins, helping you break down cellulite and improve your skin tone.
- It can help to lower your blood pressure.
- It helps to reduce joint and muscle pain.
- It works wonders to help stress melt away.
- It boosts your immune system
- It burns more calories than regular yoga